The Parish of Christ the King is honored to welcome you to Children’s Faith Formation! Our Catechists have been trained according to the norms of the Diocese of Charlotte. They are exceptionally dedicated in teaching the Catholic faith to our children, and to be kind and friendly to your children. Though we are small in number, you will find that we are a family of learning and growing together. It is the Church’s task to assist you, the parents, in your role as chief educators of your children in the Faith. We will do everything we can in class to start them on the right path to being good faithful Catholics, and we will count on you to support us and give your children the proper example at home. After all, it is your example they will remember the most! If you have any suggestions for this Faith Formation Program, or if your children need special help, or if you like to volunteer, kindly let us know: Working together will ensure that your children have the best possible start in life! Church Office Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 9.00am to 2:00pm Church Contact Telephone Number: (336) 883-0244 Church Contact Email: email@example.com Faith Formation Hours: Sundays 10:45am -11:55am (August – May) [See calendar for more details.] Director: Mrs. Mary Ann Graham Coordinators: Mrs. Blanca Mata & Mrs. Rosa Gomez
Friday, November 11: Holy Eucharistic Adoration starts with Mass at 7:00am and ends by 6:45pm with Benediction
November 20 CHRIST THE KING FEAST — (No FF Classes but students are required to attend
mass at 11am)
November 27 No Classes due to Thanksgiving Holiday 1st Sunday of Advent
December 4 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 2nd Sunday of Advent
December 11 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 3rd Sunday of Advent
December 18 Christmas Party 10:45am-11:55am 4th Sunday of Advent
December 25 NO CLASSES DUE TO THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY
January 1 NO CLASSES DUE TO THE NEW YEAR HOLIDAY
January 8 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
January 15 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am (MLK Holiday – a day of community service)
Sat., Jan. 21 First Confessions for 2nd Year Communion at 10:00am
January 22 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
January 29 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:45am
February 5 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
February 12 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
February 19 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
February 26 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
March 5 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 1st Sunday of Lent
March 12 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 2nd Sunday of Lent
Faith Formation/ Youth Group leading Stations of the Cross and Mass
(Required for all Students)
March 19 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 3rd Sunday of Lent
March 26 Faith Formation Bible Fair 10:45am – 11:55am 4th Sunday of Lent
April 2 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am 5th Sunday of Lent
April 9 NO CLASSES DUE TO PALM SUNDAY
Holy Week Masses (Rice Bowls Due Holy Thursday)
April 16 NO CLASSES DUE TO THE EASTER SUNDAY HOLIDAY
April 23 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am
Sat, April 29 Retreat for 2nd Year Communion at 10:00am [Confession and Practice]
April 30 Faith Formation 10:45am – 11:55am (Last Day of Classes)
May 7 May Crowning 9:30am Mass / 1st Communion Day – 9:30am English and 12:30pm
Spanish [ NO CLASSES]
Updated 9/19/2016 MAG
1. Attend Sunday Mass and actively participate in Mass responses with your child.
2. Celebrate the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation (“go to Confession”); take the whole family.
3. Make it a family priority for your son/daughter to attend faith formation classes.
4. Help your child experience and observe the work of parish lay ministers and community volunteers.
5. Involve your child/family in some form of shared parish/community service.
6. Celebrate holy days, holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries of sacraments, etc. in your home with
special decorations, family traditions, and rituals that express your Christian beliefs.
7. Read/tell Bible stories and listen to your child share these stories in his/her own words. Make sure your
child has a Catholic Bible of his/her own.
8. Provide a rosary to your child. If the rosary is not blessed, let your child be present if possible when a
priest or deacon blesses the rosary. Pray at least one decade of the Rosary with your child each week.
(Pray the Rosary on a different day of the week each week so your child will begin to associate the
mysteries of the Rosary with their proper day: Joyful Mysteries—Monday and Saturday, Sorrowful
Mysteries—Tuesday and Friday, Luminous Mysteries—Thursday, and Glorious Mysteries—Sunday and
9. Create special prayer times.
10. Bless your child—saying a short prayer while tracing the Sign of the Cross on his/her head.
11. Discuss the content of each religion class and your child’s understanding of it. Make it a family learning
experience. Provide feedback to the catechist.
12. Participate as a family in parish activities when offered. (See the church bulletin activities)
1. Pre- Kindergarten / Kindergarten (Age 4/5) – Yari Palacios
2. First Communion Year 1 (Minimum Age – Six) – Ana Moncion & Yesenia Diaz
3. First Communion Year 2 (Minimum Age – Seven) – Sheila Atkins & Miriam Marroquin
4. First Communion Year 2 (Spanish) – Blanca Mata
5. 3rd – 6th Grade (up to age 12) – Gerardo Tapia
6. Confirmation Year 1 (must be 12) – Daphne McAdoo
7. Confirmation Year 2 – Karen Frank