"A CHRIST-CENTERED & FRIENDLY ROMAN CATHOLIC COMMUNITY"
Welcome to Christ The King Catholic Church, located near historic downtown High Point, NC. We are a growing and active Catholic community with a long and culturally diverse history. From our humble beginnings as a mission church to serve the African-American Catholics in 1940, our parish has grown to be a vibrant witness to the Gospel of Life.
Sunday Eucharist is the heart of our parish community as it gives us life, strengthens us and calls us to holiness. We are committed to Catholic education and teaching of our faith through our Youth ministry and in our lifelong Faith Formation Program.
Our parish will proudly celebrate our 75th anniversary on November 20, 2016. If you are new to the area, we hope that you will soon find a home with us. We look forward to welcoming you at our worship and fellowship.
- We are obligated to observe a day of universal fast and abstinence on Good Friday. Each Friday during Lent please observe abstinence from meat.
- This week Friday the Stations of the Cross will be led by Knights of Columbus at 6:30pm followed by Mass at 7:00pm.
- Every family is asked to participate in Operation Rice Bowl. All are called to observe fast, to pray, and to give alms, especially during Lent. Your sacrificial offerings will help the poor. Rice Bowls will be collected on Holy Thursday.
- This year the DSA assessment is $13,197. Please pledge generously so that we may reach our goal.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on Wednesday, May 24th at 7:00pm. All confirmation students must submit their baptismal certificates by the end of March to the coordinators. Students who do not submit a certificate cannot be confirmed.
- All First Communion candidates are requested to submit their original baptismal certificates to the coordinators before end of March. Reception of First Communion will not take place without a proper baptismal certificate.
- Students in the 2nd Year Communion classes will make their First Confession on Saturday, March 11, starting at 10am. All students in these classes must attend and arrive on time.
- Faith Formation and Youth Group will lead the Stations of the Cross on Friday, March 17, at 6:30pm. All Faith Formation Students are required to attend. Parents please make sure your child attends and checks in with the Faith Formation coordinator after Mass.
For all other important announcements, please see the bulletin